Re: Camping??

To: jurban@p3.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Camping??
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 11:07:00 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/10/99 8:10:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jurban@p3.net
writes:

<< OK, how the heck do you pack a Spridget for camping??  This is assuming
 taking a top, spare tire optional, for 2 people, no spare cars or trailers,
 and for up to 2 nights.  Is it possible??  This is also for no more than an
 hour and a half drive from home and no off-roading to get to a site.  Do we
 need to break out the back-pack stoves??

 I'm used to tent camping, but taking a few coolers of food, drinks, and
 utensils, an extra break-down picnic table, screen tent, tent cots and
 carpet, and a bunch of other non-essentials. >>

JASON!!! CARPET...FOR CAMPING?!?!  You really like to rough it, don't you?

You can easily do 2 or 3 days with what fits in a medium size backpack for
each person.  Get a small tent and pack foods that don't need coolers.
(Mac&Cheese. YUM!)  Or go fishing if you get hungry.  One of the biggest
things to carry is water, so pick a campsite that has a water supply and take
a collapsible water carrier.  Where are you planning on going?

Sounds like you need a trailer for your kind of camping.  If you need any
help with camping gear, what to take, or where to get it, contact me off
list.  I'd be happy to help.

Allen Hefner
Asst. Scoutmaster, Troop #1, Abington, PA
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport