Re: Car show judging

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car show judging
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:21:24 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
OK, guess we have to get in to this.  We will fire up the car and take it to
almost any car show except concours.  Our car is not a concours car so it
makes no sense to take it to a concours event.  It seems to us that first you
need to know why you are going to a car show and what you expect to get from
the experience.  If you are going with the objective of adding trophies to
your trophy shelf then you need to know what type of judges there are and
what they are looking for.  Then prepare your car accordingly.  While there
are folks who do this they often are also the biggest complainers in our
opinion. We have seen about all of the strange results that have been
mentioned here and could add some more.  But we go for the enjoyment so it
makes no difference how the judging is being done.  There are some shows that
we take our car to but do not enter it for judging, even popular choice
judging.  We like the car shows because of the people.  We get to meet folks
from the list or other clubs or folks with different types of cars, guess we
are just car nuts.  At the shows there are going to be some folks who look at
your car and fully appreciate what you have done and that gives us a nice
feeling.  There are other folks who have no idea what they are looking at but
this is an opportunity to improve their appreciation of our cars and that is
a nice feeling. At local shows we often add a new club member or two.  We
almost always learn something new or see a car that is different.   If our
cars are to continue to exist in the future then we have to put forth the
effort to get new, and younger, folks interested and involved with our cars.
We happen to think one of the best ways to do that is cars shows, regardless
of how they are judged.

Our two cents.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)