Re: Car show judging

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <biffjones@erols.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car show judging
From: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:17:13 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I agree with both Biff and Jay as to reasons to trailer a car. I would be
hard pressed to drive Biff's car if it were mine. There is a world of
difference between an "original" 40 year old car and a "restored" 40 year
old car. I would have no problem driving a "restored" car, no mater how
perfect it was. At the same time I can understand how other's do not feel
that way.

There are west coast meets that I would like to attend but are just too far
for me and Sandi to drive the Bugeye. Hauling it there on a trailer would in
no way make it a "Trailer Queen". I'm looking at trailers and plan to
purchase one someday for just this reason. I could care less what people
might think when I show up with it on a trailer.

I also don't have a problem with people who spend their money having other
people do the restoration, as long as it keeps getting done. Anyway that
these cars get restored is alright with me, even if they never get driven.
It's nice to know that these perfect cars are out there.

A friend has a 1966 Corvette that has won the national title. This car has
always been driven on a regular basis, including to and from shows. He
recently decided to no longer show the car because he was tired of competing
with ones that never touched the road. It just got to be too much work
getting a street car ready to show when the judge's expected it to be as
clean as the other's.

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com
Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep
your  mouth shut.-Ernest Hemmingway