Re: Club Apathy (relatively long) (reply long too)

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Club Apathy (relatively long) (reply long too)
From: Brad Fornal <toyman@htcomp.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:25:24 -0500
Cc: David Riker <davidr@sunset.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
It seems to me that all this controversy could be corrected in some small way.
I mean after all with E.T.S.R. up and coming, (that's Elizabeth's Texas
Spridgeteers Roundup for the uninitiated) we can set the rules for judging this
car show on our own!! The listers can choose a few leaders to sift through the
ideas and go from there. We can give everyone a plaque who participates. I work
in a wood shop so I can come up with the wood back and all we need is someone
to engrave a little brass plate to mount on the wood. Even better would be an
engraver on site so we could make up awards as the weekend progresses. I think
my car could win the "Best Lubricated Lower Chassis" plaque! <G>  We could have
a "Best Compilation of Used Parts"  OR "Most Likely To Fail An Emissions Test"
(from the stories I've heard, it wouldn't be presented to a car). But seriously
people, why complain, if this is gonna happen, and it should, lets do it up the
way the Spridgeteers would want it!! Advice, Ideas, Flames???   Brad