Re: Bonnet Repair Kit??

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Bonnet Repair Kit??
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 11:53:15 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry,

I had the same condition you describe with mine. It is possible to get a
pry bar or a flat steel bar through the openings underneath and pop most of
it out. You can also drill small holes and pull out the remaing stubborn
areas. If you can get a dolly under there, some gentle tapping with a
hammer will help straighten as well. A little bondo and metal glaze will be
needed as well.

Good luck,

Gerard

At 12:51 PM -0500 11/1/99, Larry Macy wrote:
>I picked up a bonnet for my Midget from Frank this last weekend. It needs
>a repair kit for the front of it. Supposedly VB or Moss has this repair
>panel. When I called them - they know of no such critter. Moss has a
>number - but no availability. This bonnet is nice and straight, just the
>lip is rusted.
>
>Any Suggestions???
>
>Thanks
>
>Larry
>
>Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
>macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
>System Administrator/Manager
>Neuropsychiatry Section
>Department of Psychiatry
>University of Pennsylvania
>3400 Spruce St. - 1015 Gates
>Philadelphia, PA 19104
>
> Ask a question and you're a fool for three minutes; do not ask a
>question and you're a fool for the rest of your life.

If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos... then you
probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A