Pulling the crankshaft pulley

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pulling the crankshaft pulley
From: "Robb Cutler" <robb@nne.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:50:12 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi All -

I need to replace the crankshaft pulley on my Sprite.  I've got the
replacement pulley but have a couple of questions before embarking on the
task...

Do I need to pull the radiator to get at the thing, or can I get enough
leverage to reach in and loosen (and then retighten) the bolt holding the
pulley on?  How do I keep the crank from turning when I loosen/tighten the
bolt?

Any suggestions/tips would be welcome.   And be gentle... This will be the
most major work I've done on the car since getting it this spring...

Thanks,
Robb
1962 Sprite Mk II