Re: List Wisdom:Brake Warning

To: Steve Byers <byers@cconnect.net>
Subject: Re: List Wisdom:Brake Warning
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 20:27:22 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Steve Byers wrote:

> Sorry, but I thought the original question addressed the "push to test"
> switch.  I only have a '73 Midget and that's all I'm familiar with.  The
> brake fail warning assembly and switch on that car is on the right side, as
> you sit in the driver's seat, with the "push to test" switch directly in
> front of the driver on the dash.

I just have to chime in on this thread (somebody that lives nowhere and
has no vehicles hates that term)
This brake failure light has lit up on more then one of my Spridgets in
the past.
The classic was when I blew out a brake hose stopping for a toll.
Here are the sequence of events when the brakes fail
1) pedal goes to the floor
2) you say OH SH*T!
3) down shift quickly and pull E brake
4) you notice a red light on the dash (just a bit too late)

So if that light is on, you have no brakes.
But by the time you see the light, you already know this, this light
just verifys what your foot just told you.
You should not be driving with no brakes.
I have never seen this light come on except when pushed to test or when
the pedal hit the metal.

--
 Frank
 Drive it or give it to somebody that will