Re: List Wisdom:Brake Warning

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: List Wisdom:Brake Warning
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 22:06:38 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 12/01/1999 8:28:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<< So if that light is on, you have no brakes.
 But by the time you see the light, you already know this, this light
 just verifys what your foot just told you.
 You should not be driving with no brakes.
 I have never seen this light come on except when pushed to test or when
 the pedal hit the metal. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On my '77, which is still a work in progress, the brake warning light comes
on at the oddest times.  Like, just before you drop it off for state safety
inspection.  It went out by the time I got there, and it passed inspection.

The reason it came on (Caution. Extrapolation ahead!) is either the handbrake
was pulled up a bit, or the pressure switch is actually starting to work.  I
have avoided the pressure switch during my brake rebuild because it doesn't
leak.  I have no idea if it works, and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is
satisfied that it is safe to drive.  BTW, the brakes work.

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport