RE: spridget transporting with a dolly, or...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: spridget transporting with a dolly, or...
From: Tim Osborne <timos@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 12:40:13 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Warning...

I tried to use a car dolly (the Sprite had no drive shaft, engine, tranny,
nuthin) and it didn't work.  The reason was (I think) my hitch ball wasn't
off the ground enough.  The ramps the car drives up on, which fall and lock
once it's fully on, hit the bottom of the car!  They aren't supposed to.

Of course, I found this out late at night in the cold pouring rain.

The minimum hitch height may or may not be on a sticker on the dolly - make
sure you have the right tow vehicle.

I had it flat bedded, it cost less than the dolly I couldn't use.  Of course
for me it was only a 3 mile trip to a storage bay.  225 miles sounds scary
to me for a dolly.

tim