Re: Big end bearings, was RE: Manifold for a Fish Carb?

To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Big end bearings, was RE: Manifold for a Fish Carb?
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:06:08 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, lists@woozy.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Thanks for the confirmation, Robert and Crash. Out of total
ignorance, what is the difference (in sound quality and location)
between push rod noises, upper connecting rod (rod bearing) knock,
and lower connecting rod (main bearing; big end bearing) knock?

Who is it that has the signature that says something like "Just
because you've fixed one problem doesn't mean you've fixed THE
problem" ?  :)

At 12:18 PM -0800 12/15/99, David Ramsey wrote:
>Jeff,  You got it right, pull the pan, turn the engine so two of the
>rods are at the bottom.  Replace those shells and turn the engine
>and replace the other two.  The results of a thrown rod are not
>purdy.
>               Crash

Jeff Boatright  '65 Sprite MkIII   __o_\__
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/