Re: fuel line: over or under?

To: Bob Spruck <bspruck@mindspring.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fuel line: over or under?
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 08:05:46 -0600
Jeff and Bob,
        I'm not a fan of running fuel or brake lines on the floor in the cockpit
of a street car. VW experienced many brake line failures as the wet and
salt from one's shoes eventually (and sometimes dramatically) diminished
the "integrity" of the main brake pipe as it ran under the driver's side
carpet.
Jeff, I realize you're thinking of running the fuel line in the tunnel, but
I would recommend you give the above some thought. I'm sure there will be
no rust protection from any sort of petroleum product in the tunnel;-).
Bob, I realize you probably won't get salt in the race car. Food for thought.
        Peter C
----