1275cc engine questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 1275cc engine questions
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 11:23:45 EST
Hi list. Is the 1275 a very dependable engine? How dose it compare with the
1098 on reliability? I know the 1275 has more power which is nice but I am
looking at how reliable it is to make my decision on which one I will drop
into my 1962 Sprite. Also I want the lists view on the compatibility and
reliability of my original smooth case tranny with the 1098 and 1275. It only
has 72,000 original miles on it and appears to be in very good condition yet.
Very little to no play in the shafts inside the caseing and still very clean
inside. Thanks in advance.

Jamie
1962 AH Sprite MK II (under restoration)
1976 Spitfire 1500 (body shell parting out)
1978 Olds Cutlass Supreme (wife's car)
1979 Spitfire 1500 "Judas"
1979 Trans Am (back on the road again)
Web site links:  <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>We