Re: 73 midget structural

To: LColli3554@aol.com
Subject: Re: 73 midget structural
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:02:13 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi,
This may not be the answer that you are looking for but I feel it is the best
advice.

I assume by your question that you do not have experience with this type of
reconstruction. I am not trying to be flip, but if I were in your position I
would do one of two things and I list them in order of preference:
1) I would locate a tub that is not in need such extensive repair. They are
often
found outside of the rust belt.
2) I would have the work done by someone who has experience with this type of
repair on a Spridget, but the cost would far exceed the value of the car.

It is a monumental task to align everything correctly when the tub is disturbed.
Even just replacing rockers and sills is difficult work.

The only exception to this recommendation would be if your car has historical
significance.

Even if you spent $2,000. on a rust free or relatively rust-free tub, you would
be far ahead of the game.

I have done Option #1 and Option #2 and believe me Option #2 is whole lot more
satisfying, a whole lot easier, and I almost forgot to mention, a whole lot
cheaper.

Jay Fishbein, CT (set your missiles)