Re: dem's da ...

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dem's da ...
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:41:17 -0800
David,

I think the biggest problem with regard to the seal are either that rust
has caused small voids that will allow air to escape, or with rust bubbles
that create an uneven surface. Assuming your using a portable sandblster, I
don't think you can cause any problems cleaning the surface. You're doing
this with the tires removed, yes?

Gerard

At 8:05 AM -0400 8/29/99, Lancer7676@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 8/28/99 11:20:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca writes:
>
><<  wheels  >>
>
>Speaking of wheels, guys--I am going to sandblast my Rostyles for repainting
>and baking.  Question about sandblasting--Should I avoid the sealing inner
>lip of the rims when sandblasting or will that not disturb the sealing nature
>of the lip?  Seems like if there is rust there it might help it to blast off
>the rust.  Or does the blasting and repainting process restore the seal?
>
>Thanks!
>
>--David C

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A