Re: dem's da ...

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>, Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: dem's da ...
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 21:28:56 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill,

Use phosphoric acid. Make sure you use compressed air to blow out what gets
in the cracks and wipe off any residue, otherwise some of it will turn to a
white powder and will either prevent paint adhesion or eventually leach
through the paint. I also use a paint prep degreaser to make sure there
isn't any oil residue from you hands on the metal. You can get phosphoric
acid from a pro paint shop (also known as metal prep) and also from home
supply stores. Jasco makes a product called "Prep and Prime" at about half
the cost of the paint shops.

Gerard

At 11:07 PM -0500 3/16/00, William M. Gilroy wrote:
>Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> One word of warning.  The Rostyles will begin to rust very quickly after you
>> blast them.  Make sure you treat them with some kind of rust inhibitor stuff
>> before priming and painting.  It is very difficult to get paint into the
>> crevices of the wheels, so treat them first.
>>

>What is some type of rust inhibitor?  What type did you use?
>
>Bill Gilroy

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com