Re: Master Cylinder sleeving (dual bore)

To: Rick & Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder sleeving (dual bore)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 08:56:42 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Rick,
        I think I know who this is.  Why do you think that over-boreing is
better
than sleeving?
I am philosophically opposed to this method of over-boreing. What happens
in a few years when the cylinder needs re-rebuilding? There are no
identifiers that I've seen that inform the future rebuilder that it is
oversized. Are the pistons oversize? I think not, and the ratio of piston
size to bore size is changed being made up only with an oversize seal. I
will say that we sell these for other applications, and haven't had any
greater warranty issues than normal (except for a few key numbers), but I'm
not sure what will happen "down the road". As an example... Beck/Arnley
World Parts sells these rebuilt cylinders and has done for over 6 years...
2 years ago they discontinued all of the special repair kits and no longer
carry them. Sleeving is extremely reliable and maintains the original
components (and I recommend brass).
        NFI, etc.
        Peter C
------