Dead battery

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Dead battery
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 14:02:18 -0400
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Hi Frank,

It's sometimes easy to overlook a poor ground connection. Try a test with
your headlights on.  With them on and showing a decent amount of light, try
the starter and see if the lights go out or go dim.  If they go out,
usually a bad ground connection, If they go dim, either a bad battery or
bum starter.

For the grounds, check ALL conections from the battery and ground straps.
Usually a battery connection in this case.

Paul A
PAsgeirsson@compuserve.com

FROM:   Frank Clarici, INTERNET:spritenut at Exit109.com
TO:     Spridget List, INTERNET:spridgets@autox.team.net
DATE:   4/8/00 6:57 PM

Re:     Dead battery

Does anybody have any ideas why my battery keeps going dead?
It was new in October, my volt gauge shows 14/15 volts when running, 13
with everything on. I thought the alternator (jap) was going bad so I
swapped it with another one. New alt shows + charge. I charged the
battery, took a 10 minute drive, shut it off and it was just about stone
dead.
Put the charger back on it and it read "Low".
I did a repeat of the above and the same thing happened.
There is a minor draw with the radio memory and clock but after a week,
it started today, this problem arose today when I went to start it a
second time, just about stone dead.

Bad battery? (I hope)
Faulty wiring? I just rewired the accessorized dash but it has been OK
for a couple weeks up until today.
Somebody never returned my multi meter I lent out a while ago so I am
meterless at the moment.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ