Re: My first time... (longish)

To: mbelect@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: My first time... (longish)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 18:26:03 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net

Richard,

I agree to a point.  The mechanic was indeed tackling a pig in a poke with
the used carbs BUT...he should still have completely checked his work with a
test drive...made an accessment and then told Toby that the was:

a. No way he would ever be able to tune them correctly

b. The carbs needed additional work and that would cost about $XXX.

c. That he was almost finished, and with just a few more adjustments would
have them working properly.

As a professional mechanic I think the owed Toby the benefit of his knowledge
and best guess as to why the car was not running properly.   By not doing so,
many of us just surmised the did his job incompletly or poorly.

Mechanics live and die by their reputation, and if it were me, I'd do
everything possible to make every customer happy...especially if it entailed
me fixing more things on their car and making more $$$$.

Mi dos pesos...

Robert

In a message dated 04/14/2000 3:05:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,