Re: My first time... (longish)

To: Toby.1969ah.1971lc@worldnet.att.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My first time... (longish)
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:05:58 EDT
In a message dated 4/14/00 12:02:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Toby.1969ah.1971lc@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< Here are my theories.

 1) The accelerator pedal feels different. He said he had to adjust it to get
 some slack in the cable to bring the idle down. Could the pedal be touching
 the floor before it opens the butterflies %100 percent?

 2) The needles in the carbs... I just e-mailed the rebuilder of the carbs to
 see
 what needles were in there. Maybe some kind of strange really lean top end
 needle or something wacky.

 Any other theories? ideas? etc?? >>

My "idea" here is to take it back!  Tell the mechanic that you paid $155 and
you expect it to be right.  I bet he reworks it for free.  If you paid, you
should be able to get what you paid for.  Be nice, but be firm.  You can bet
the Jag owners wouldn't let him get away with anything!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport