Re: '61 Sprite Value

To: Wiedemeyer <boxweed@thebest.net>
Subject: Re: '61 Sprite Value
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 17:30:56 -0400
Cc: LBCarNut <LBCarNut@carolina.rr.com>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bob,
I have always believed that non-Bugeyes have a limited value and while I would
agree that the values shown below may be on the low side, I don't think they are
THAT far off what a Mk II might bring on the open market in North America.

If anyone on the list can offer information on actual sale prices of specific
models and include their condition, it would be interesting and helpful.

While many owners of Condition 1 Mk II's, III's, & IV's believe that their cars
are worth into the 5 figures, I think it would be difficult, at best, to find a
ready buyer for such a car. There will always be the exception, but the
exception does not establish the market.

Part of the reason is that Spridget enthusiasts are most interested in building
their own cars, not buying them completed and certainly not going to the expense
of a Condition 1 restoration.

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT
HAN-6 - Condition I (And not for sale at any price.)