Re: Re: nib / nos

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Re: nib / nos
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 14:44:46 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Now the reason I don't buy from VB....  The people on the phone have ZERO
information on the products.  They're simply order takers...  So you CAN'T ask
them because they don't know, and cannot find out (nor do they have a vested
interest in trying)  It actually pisses me off as they carry 300ZX parts as
well.  At least I have a discount dealer to deal with for it's NOS, NOSR and
OEM parts.....

I'd rather buy from smaller places like Little British Car Co, or British Parts
Locator.  Call them,  and they're happy to run to the shelf and examine the
part while you're on the phone.  And they need the return business, so they
tend to be honest.  I pay a little more,  but the service is worth the extra
cost.  If we don't support them,  then they will soon be long gone with nothing
but order takers in their place.

This and a $1.50 will get me on a NY subway (which costs $1.50....)

Mike

type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Bryan,

Thanks for contributing this information.

This is a perfect example of what I was talking about earlier!

Who in the hell would even think of asking the retailer if the metal strap
shown in
the catalogue is actually a plastic zip tie from an electrical supply house?!

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT