Re: Re[2]: disc brake MC

To: Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM
Subject: Re: Re[2]: disc brake MC
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:38:41 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Thank you! thank you!
to everyone who sent me advice and offers for help regarding  3/4" MC's.
The problem I was trying to state, is that used 3/4" cores are very hard to
come
by, and I have yet to see one at a swap-meet. I have found some that
individuals
were willing to sell, but $100 (just for a 'core') wasn't what I was hoping
for,
especially since i can find 7/8" cores for $20-25 all the time at swap meets.
Originally I was just looking for a core to send off to one of the re-sleeving
shops for a rebuild. But now after using my 7/8 MC in my disk-brake bugeye, and
converting to the 210 5-speed, I don't really think I need to convert to a 3/4"
MC. At this point I plan to send in a 7/8" core that I have for brass sleeving,
and then save it for when my current one breaks.

thanks again :-)

 - Bryan

<Bryan.Vandiver@eng.sun.com>