RE: Re[2]: disc brake MC

To: <RBHouston@aol.com>, <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Subject: RE: Re[2]: disc brake MC
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:36:56 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Guys
If you reduce the master cylinder bore size you will get more pedal
pressure. You will also get an increase in pedal travel for the same
required braking effort, as you have to displace the same volume of fluid as
you did previously but you are now doing it with a smaller piston. I am
experimenting with this on my own car right now, to try and determine a good
compromise between pressure/effort/travel using a fixed (stock) pedal ratio.
Regards
John J Black
Waterloo Drivetrain Systems
http://www.waterloo-dtr.com