Spridget Frame Data Sheets

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Spridget Frame Data Sheets
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 22:46:49 -0500
A few days ago, a lister posted a request for frame data sheets for his
'74 Midget.  I was able to locate a set from a Tru-Way frame alignment
book, but was pretty well convinced that the frame depicted was for an
earlier Spridget (the quarter elliptic springs were the giveaway...).

How many 'frame' configurations exist for our Spridgets?  Weren't the
changes relatively few?

I have the data sheets for the RB cars, and for the quarter-elliptic
spring cars.  For some reason, I'm thinking that the RB cars used the
same platform as the earlier models, with a change in the width between
the frame rails.  Is this correct?  And, if so, could we simply take
(good / precise) measurements from an unspoiled earlier model, and
annotate a later model data sheet?  Noting, of course, the difference in
ride heights?

It seems that these might make a useful resource, if we could come up
with the properly referenced set of sheets for each fo the
configurations.

Anyone want to help?

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"
'86 Ford Crown Victoria LTD "BarcaLounger on Wheels"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.