Re: Spridget Frame Data Sheets

To: richard.arnold@juno.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spridget Frame Data Sheets
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 18:18:24 EDT
Hi list,

On this subject anyone know if the RB cars had exactly the same H section
part of the front chassis as the other cars did.  I have heard that there is
a subtle difference that can result in better handling than the earlier cars
(if all things were equal and obviously they are not).  I have even heard
rumours of some European racers transplanting this section of the chassis to
Bugeyes to gain an unfair and possibly illegal advantage.

Any thoughts?

Daniel1312

richard.arnold@juno.com writes:

<< I have the data sheets for the RB cars, and for the quarter-elliptic
 spring cars.  For some reason, I'm thinking that the RB cars used the
 same platform as the earlier models, with a change in the width between
 the frame rails.  Is this correct?  And, if so, could we simply take
 (good / precise) measurements from an unspoiled earlier model, and
 annotate a later model data sheet?  Noting, of course, the difference in
 ride heights? >>