Re: Real LBC Questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Real LBC Questions
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:32:44 -0400
I usually go 12 flats down from the point at which the tops of the
jets are even with the bridge. This is not the same as having the
jets turned all the way up. I think that the second
most-often-mentioned starting setting is 15 flats down from having
them turned all the way up.

At 12:47 PM -0500 7/21/00, Brad Fornal wrote:
>It is important that first the car is at operating temp. I am not a
>pro at this
>but for adjusting the carbs, I make sure that turning the jets all the way up
>will stop the car. If it doesn't, you don't have a good starting
>point. Once that
>is accomplished, turn your jet adjuster nut down the 12 flats you mention, I
>myself at that point try to get the carbs synchronized, I lost my unisyn so I
>have the vacuum tube headphones off of my 1914 Dictaphone that I use
>to listen to
>the hiss. Loosen the linkages between the carbs and adjust the idle on each
>carburetor until they both seem to be drawing the same amount of
>air. Once it is
>the same, I then start to fine tune the adjusting nuts. I slightly
>(1/32) raise
>the front carb piston using the tip of a long screwdriver so that my
>fingers are
>not blocking the carb throat. If idle increases in speed then the
>front carb is
>too rich, if it decreases then it is to lean. If it increases for
>just a second
>very slightly then it is correct. Do the same on the rear carb and
>then re-check
>the front carb.  I hope this helps, Brad

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu