RE: Timing Vs Over Heating

To: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Timing Vs Over Heating
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:20:32 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I always heard kind of the opposite. Spark too advanced (early) will of
course ping. Spark too retarded (late) will result in a loss of power and
overheating. It kind of makes sense. There is the same amount of gasoline in
the charge but less power is developed, the wasted energy goes into heat
instead of usable pushing power. That is how it was explained to me...

Good luck

Toby

you mean advanced or retarded?  the one that is advanced will run hotter
than one that is retarded.

chuck