re: Rear anti-roll bars

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Rear anti-roll bars
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 00 15:58:23 EDT
per Daniel...
>>If the rear of the car is too stiff it definitely doesn't need more
>>stiffness.  On the other hand if it is too stiff it is better to reduce
>>spring stiffness until it is just right rather than reduce spring stiffness
>>too much and then increase roll stiffness by introducing a rear anti roll bar

  I agree with Daniel in that, with your currently way too stiff rear springs,
you do NOT want to add a rear anti-roll bar.
  That's the nice thing about anti-roll bars though.  You can decrease spring
stiffness to the point of an acceptable ride for everyday driving; but, IF
that ends up being too soft for hard cornering you can regain some roll-
stiffness via an appropriately sized anti-roll bar without making a major
sacrifice in ride stiffness.  (Spridgets should use a rather small diameter
anti-roll bar ('swaybar') in the rear, IF you use one at all.)
   Ed in NC