Re: Monza vs. Stebro

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Monza vs. Stebro
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:57:49 EDT
In a message dated 8/11/00 8:11:28 PM, bmantz@roanoke.infi.net writes:

<< Since there seems to be a split decision on the value of a Stebro
exhaust, would anyone care to debate the technical and long term value
of a Monza exhaust vs. a Stebro exhaust? >>

Our experience with Monza was not favorable and it never even got on the car.
 The picture that they showed of a Spridget muffler looked a lot like the
Abarth, oval with twin tail pipes.  What we received looked like a glass pack
with a piece of pipe out each end.  The mounting bracket was about 8 inches
off from the stock mount on the Spridget and the exit pipe was not bent in
the correct manner.  A call to Monza on these issues got a 1) just drill
another hole in the trunk pan and put a bolt in it to mount the muffler - not
acceptable to us.  2) the picture that they show in the catalog was just one
of the ways they make mufflers and they can change that any time they want,
tough luck.  Ours went back for a refund which we did get in a reasonably
timely manner.

Some big Healey folks say that they do not last over a year but that is word
of mouth.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1967 Sprite Mk III (in progress)