Re: My first post to the list

To: KGROWLER@aol.com
Subject: Re: My first post to the list
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:08:54 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net

--Boundary_(ID_S9axCs1Kvs8qaxXl3H1egw)

Hey that's good to know...thanks for the info.
Now in an earlier post somebody siad this was not a
Triumph Spitfire engine, but from what I read on a
the MG enthusiasts club site:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/midget.html
about the history of Midgets it
mentionned something about the 74 and on 1493cc engine
being Spitfire engines.

Same thing mentionned on this page:
ttp://www.mgcars.org.uk/midgetspriteclub/sprite/spritehistory.htm

And apparently that is why the change from engine #s in the form
12CG Da H101
to the form
FP...

Anyone care to confirm this?
Is this valid for my car and all further 1500s

JF
75 Midget
http://www.jfgratton.com/midget/

KGROWLER@aol.com wrote:

> Jean Francois,
>
> I took a look at your photos and agree that the car looks pretty nice. One
> thing that I noticed is that your engine is from a later Midget. Th FP prefix
> is correct for a Midget, but the engine number seems to indicate it's from
> the latter part of  '78. Nothing wrong with that at all, just something to
> keep in mind when you're looking up specs or info in the repair manual. The
> head appears to be from the same vintage engine. A '75 head would have ports
> for an air injection rail on the right side of the valve cover that this head
> doesn't have. The numbers shown in the one photo on the head are some kind of
> casting numbers. The stamped in number for head specification is farther to
> the left, between the second and third head stud holes. It's stamped fairly
> lightly and can be hard to read if heavily painted or greased over. It will
> start with "TKC". I am guessing yours will be a TKC 3239 which was the 78-79
> Federal spec head.
>
> Kim Tonry
> Downers Grove, Illinois, USA
> with a freshly rebuilt 79 Midget engine

--Boundary_(ID_S9axCs1Kvs8qaxXl3H1egw)

begin:vcard
n:Gratton;Jean-François
tel;fax:514.274.8183
tel;work:514.274.7848
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.w3m.net
org:Web Multimedia Marketing enrg.
adr:;;80 St-Viateur Est, suite 405;Montréal;Québec;H2T 1A6;Canada
version:2.1
email;internet:jfgratton@w3m.net
title:Director
note;quoted-printable:Our Work hours are from=0D=0A8am to 6pm on weekdays
=0D=0A9am to 5pm on weekends =0D=0A=0D=0AEastern Standard Time=0D=0A=0D=0AFor
24 hour tech support call:=0D=0A514.909.5140=0D=0A=0D=0A=0D=0AWeb Multim=8Edia
Marketing enrg.=0D=0AWEB DESIGN / HOSTING / SOLUTIONS=0D=0AE-COMMERCE /
DATABASES / SYSTEMS=0D=0Aand much more..=0D=0A
x-mozilla-cpt:;3
fn:Gratton, Jean-François
end:vcard

--Boundary_(ID_S9axCs1Kvs8qaxXl3H1egw)--