Re: Sprite F/S

To: JustBrits@aol.com, boxweed@thebest.net
Subject: Re: Sprite F/S
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 03:29:13 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Over 15 years ownership I must have similiar money in £s.  On average I spend
about a £1000 a year.  I keep all the receipts and a running total.  I never
buy cheap junk repro parts whether an oil filter or a wing.  A hood cost be
over £200 and has a life of about 5 years, a bonnet cost me about the same
but will last longer.  The price of pistons is now about £50 each.  Mobil 1
oil is £30 for 4 Litres.  I recently bought a new boot lid and had it
professionally sprayed for an all in cost of over £200.

It really is not that hard to put more money into a car than you can sell it
for.  However, with over 15 years ownership of the car it is reasonable to
write off some money each year as comparable depreciation.  Eg if I bought a
eurobox 15 years ago it would be worth nothing today.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 09/09/00 01:25:58 GMT Daylight Time, JustBrits@aol.com