Re:was Camshafts/ now cam bearings

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>, Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re:was Camshafts/ now cam bearings
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 10:06:39 -0700
Cc: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
While we're on the subject...

The 948 race engine I'm rebuilding had 3 cam pearings installed when it was
first built up. After losing the center main bearing, small bits of metal
found there way to the rear cam bearing since that's where the oil pump is
situated. The cam required only minor polishing and while there was a
little roughness in the bearing, one shop suggested I clean up it with a
little enery cloth and continue to use it. The engine only has a couple
hours use on it, so the other two are fine.

I may have problems finding a prefit cam bearing, so I'm wondering what
others may think.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
Discount Online Hotel Reservations in the U.S.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A