Re: "Concours" Restoration

To: davidr@sunset.net, Bushwacker4@prodigy.net, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Concours" Restoration
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 13:00:05 EDT
I absolutely loathe the UK Concourse scene - things seem more liberal in the
USA.  Over here correct period modifications are allowed in rally and circuit
racing regulations, not so sure about concours.

I always thought detailed to concours condition meant chroming and polishing
the life out of the car out of all proportion - there is a phrase that might
suit - over restored.  I would rather see concours cars with patina.

Just my 2 pence worth, cold shower and anger therapy to follow.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 09/10/00 06:05:41 GMT Daylight Time, davidr@sunset.net