RE: hazard\direction indicator lamp

To: "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net (E-mail)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: hazard\direction indicator lamp
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 18:45:19 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
|>Toby Atwater wrote:
|>>
|>> Question to you people with early Spridgets but with hazard lights.
|>>
|>> Do the direction indicator warning lamps blink when the
|>hazard switch is
|>> toggled?

|>If the radio console has been removed, hopefully the PO has fished out
|>and connected the correct wires so the signals work. The hazard was an
|>add on federal spec in 1968 so BL just added it to the
|>existing harness.
|>It is easily bypassed with a few disconnections and reconnections of
|>some wires at the console.
|>Green powers the signals, green/white and green/red are the
|>wire colors
|>for left or right signals.

Yep... I already bypassed it and my blinkers are working fine (cept for the
crappy Moss turn switch that sticks). However the dash indicator lights and
the actual blinker lamps are wired in series according to the wiring
diagram. It goes: fuse box, switch, flasher unit, dash indicator lamp
(through the filament) and keeps going to both fore and aft blinker lamps
that each ground out appropriately to the bulb socket I imagine. Still the
lamp in the dash does not ground out but rather keeps flowing towards the
fore and aft lamp where there it grounds out. So they are wired in series.
Strange stuff. Are all bulbs 12 Volt? I will check it out tonight with some
flashlights.

Toby