Re: hazard\direction indicator lamp

To: Toby@intri-plex.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hazard\direction indicator lamp
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 22:36:44 EDT
In a message dated 10/20/2000 8:17:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
Toby@intri-plex.com writes:

<<
 The vocab is killer here... I had to re-define the word "blinker" for my dad
 a few thousand times while trying to explain the circuit to him.>>

er, try "reading what you wrote, Toby, to wit:

You wrote and I quote:

<<" Direction indicator lamp = taillight that blinks when you want to turn.">>

lamp = BULB not "tailight".  Besides, what is the BULB on the FRONT of the
car doing??

You also wrote and I quote:

<< "Direction indicator warning lamp = light on the dash that blinks when you
want to turn." >>

In this case "...lamp..." = Bulb in fixture on...

To most folks )IMHO_ "blinker" = a flasher.

And you also wrote and I quote"

<<"I had to re-define the word "blinker" for my dad
 a few thousand times while trying to explain the circuit to him.">>

Seems to me that the "I had to...redefine..." tells me that YOU did not
define to yourself the proper terminology.

KISS

Regards.............

        Ed