Re: Engine and Transmission

To: ryan marro <ryan_marro@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Engine and Transmission
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:29:45 -0400
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, robert@woozy.com, toyman@digitex.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
ryan marro wrote:
>  Never having known
> any of the Healeys personnally, I can't speak with authority, but I doubt
> that they would still be building their cars with a 948cc engine these days.

  I think that's the fundamental "discontuity" in the logic.

  The Healey is not a car of today. It's a car of yesteryear,
and that's what's wonderful about it, and they "ain't making
any more".

  To try to put a modern engine into it because "Donald would
do it today" would imply that you are trying to modernize
the car. If you want a new car, you are likely better off to
just buy one, because after the engine and tranny swap
the braking and suspension is going to be horribly out
of place.

  90% of these projects die. Strangely, a lot of them are
completed until they are driveable and even usable, but that's
about the time reality strikes and the illusion of the
dream is shattered by the reality.

  Eventually, it all ends up in a stack of boxes as another
unfinished project.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca