Re: Midgets and Datsun 210 Transmissions

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Midgets and Datsun 210 Transmissions
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 21:35:49 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Getting the Datsun "A" series engine in a Spridget is tough.  It's too
tall, oil pan has a front sump, hangs up on the crossmember, and because
it's tall, must go to some side draft carbs and custom exhaust manifold.
Ask Spike in Washington state!  Still a great engine, just doesn't fit
easily.

Paul A

FROM:   Charley & Peggy Robinson, INTERNET:ccrobins at ktc.com
TO:     "Paul A. Asgeirsson", PAsgeirsson
CC:     Spridgets, INTERNET:spridgets@autox.team.net
DATE:   10/26/00 5:24 PM

Re:     Re: Midgets and Datsun 210 Transmissions

  Ok, thanks for the info.  When I was working on the '70's Datsuns I
came to respect the A-series engines.  They were almost super-tuned with
their aluminum heads and 2-stage Hitachi 2bbl carbs and very tough with
their forged steel cranks.  I would think an A-14 coupled to a 210 5-spd
would be a good swap into a Spridget, provided you find one of the
engines.

  Cheers,

  CR