Re: Guns -- Off Topic

To: busyrider@springmail.com, richard.arnold@juno.com
Subject: Re: Guns -- Off Topic
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 19:36:16 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/29/2000 3:47:01 PM Central Standard Time,
busyrider@springmail.com writes:

<< I don't think it is reasonable to compare something designed to hit a
baseball>>

And the "stroke" to the ball is not "lethal", Fred??

<< and something designed as transportation >>

And "automobiles" are NOT "lethal" weapons??

<<with something designed to kill or maim, and I doubt that you really do
either.>>

Huuum, does that mean that your ancestors whom without "weapons" would not
have starved to death and to this day those persons that DID manage to
survive would still be "hunting" meals with "bow and arrow"(which are quite
dealy themselves)???  Better yet, ever seen a picture of ANYTHING struck by a
"bolt"???
Not sure of date (Listers please feel free to assist), but I do beleive the
Crossbow has been around LONGER then handguns (and/or rifles)?!?!?!?

 <>

And all your actions are 1000% "correct"????

 <>

Trite and inane.

 <<To me, You guys are like the off-duty cop that came to my sisters birthday
party with a pistol in his pants. >>

Most "jurisdictions" REQUIRE their SWORN personnel to carry, even in off
hours as those persons are not just EIGHT hour folks.  Geeesh.  Bet if you
where being robbed at an ATM and a "off-duty" person interrupted (with or
without "deadly force") it would seem to be safe to say that you would be
INCENSED, right??  NOT.

<<No one was going to stage an attack on this deck party in the middle of
suburbia on a Sunday afternoon. >>

And just how the Hell do you know???  You God???

<<He just had to act the tough guy.>>

Nope, just doing a VERY thankless job.

Go crawl under a rock, PLEASE stay there.

NO regards,

            Ed

 Fred C