Re: Fw: Ice And ABS (NO LBC)

Subject: Re: Fw: Ice And ABS (NO LBC)
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 00:09:04 -0600
Cc: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
> > I just traded my old 4x4 (No ABS) in for a new Toyota Tundra. The Tundra
> has
> > four wheel ABS. I've never driven anything with ABS in snow and ice as we
> > always took the old 4x4 when going to the mountains in the winter. My
> > question, are braking techniques on ice the same with ABS as without?, or
> do
> > you lock them up and let the ABS do it's thing?
> >
> > TIA
> > Larry Miller

        Keep in mind that on very low friction surfaces, you can get all the
wheels
locked up quickly enough that the system thinks you're stopped and ceases to
function. Just one of the little details that separate drivers from operators.
:)
--
~

'87 RX-7 TII: Burns oil (because it's designed to).
'90 GS-500E: Doesn't burn oil (good engine design).
MCMLXIX Sprite: Doesn't burn oil (combustion temperature too low).
Where are we going? And what's with this handbasket?

~