Re: magnet on/off switch

To: WFO Herb <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Subject: Re: magnet on/off switch
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 08:07:17 -0600
Cc: Mjsprite@aol.com, Spridgeteers <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I have been looking to make an underwater DPV (diver propulsion vehicle). The
power switch you see on the store models is enclosed within the airtight handle.
You wear a velcro bracelet with a magnet stitched into it, and when you put your
hand on the handle, the magnet closes the switch inside, this then gives the
unit
power. Has anyone ever heard of these, or better yet, knows a source??
Brad (back from drift diving and feelin' even more lazy!)