driving on wrong side (minor LBC + guns)

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: driving on wrong side (minor LBC + guns)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 19:22:15 -0000
Why does the US/Can/Europe etc drive on the wrong side?  The original reason
for passing to the left of opposite-direction traffic was so that your sword
hand was between you and the other fellow.  Surely somebody had a 'reason'
for bringing in the right-hand-traffic rule in other countries?  Can most
Americans shoot better out of the window with their left hands?  I know that
I find it hard to drive/fly with my left hand controlling the steering and
my (dominant) right hand doing the thrust levers/gearstick.  Has any
non-Brit tried a RHD car with favourable results?  Ever tried eating with
the knife and fork in the wrong hands?

Rob Thomas
(Being nice to yanks....'cos I want a free holiday)  <G>