FW: driving on wrong side (minor LBC + guns)

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: driving on wrong side (minor LBC + guns)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 17:43:08 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From McNaughton, W.J.
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 5:34 PM
To: 'spridgets@autox.team.net'
Subject: RE: driving on wrong side (minor LBC + guns)

After seeing (multiple times) Monty Python's "Holy Grail" and driving in
Canada, those United States that still haven't elected a new
President,Europe, Scotland and England I thought it was because the former
three were so much more less inclined to require(still?)room to freely swing
a sword when meeting someone upon the common highways of the respective
realms. With regard to your other queries, (1)while I have never
(fortunatly) had the opportunity to observe from either side the discharge
of firearms from vehicles in the US I can attest from personal experience
and observation that with the advent of the cellphone(mobli)driving with the
left hand controling the steering while the right dials then holds the
cellphone is attempted and accomplished (with varying degrees of success) by
most North American drivers of all ages,sexes and abilities.(quick
check--Has Gore claimed to have invented driving and talking on a cellphone
yet?);(2)RHD in a rented Stirling in the highlands of Scotland with stone
walls and no kerbs or ditches was a ball although my wife and kids kept
surreptitiously checking the left(offside?)mirror for scratches on the
housing and,(3)for a lot of Americans and Canadians who seem to manage the
knife and fork trick and in particular the fork part with such regularity
I'm not sure the question about the "wrong" hand would elicit anything more
than a blank stare.
   Bill McN