Re: driving on wrong side (minor LBC + guns)

To: "rob thomas" <rob@thomasr.greatxscape.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: driving on wrong side (minor LBC + guns)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:34:21 -0500
Driving a wrong sided car is no problem, but switching to the
other side of the road takes some practice. In England and Ireland
I started with a simple trick - always keep the curb closest to
you. That will get you thru the newbie moments of crisis at an
intersection. (And never step off a road without looking both
ways.)

After a while it became slightly comfortable. Then an empty road
(gives no cues thru other cars) and a distraction (3 point turn)
put me merrily on my way going back on the right side. I still
remember the surpassed Irishman's face.

Mike L.