Re: body shop questions.

To: Toby@intri-plex.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: body shop questions.
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:57:32 EST
In a message dated 11/20/00 8:41:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Toby@intri-plex.com writes:

> I have asked two body shops for an estimate on an exterior and engine bay
> paint job, and both quotes have been sky high ($6k and $12k!). I knew it was
> going to be expensive, and there is allot of labor involved, but what can I

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jeez, Toby, for $12K you could build a garage and buy a compressor.  Why not
just open a paint shop?

Check the local MAACO or other cheep body shop.  Their biggest fault is that
they don't remove trim, they mask and paint around it.  For a few hundred
more than their normal paint job, and a lot of prep work on your part, I bet
you can get them to lay down a decent coat of paint.  Then ask them if they
want pics of the finished project to use in their advertising.  You may even
get a discount.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget