Re: body shop questions.

To: Spridget Mail List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: body shop questions.
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 21:33:24 -0800
Along the same line, and I think someone touched on it before.  A lot of the
prep guys will do extra work for some side $$ also.  And on the paint.  Ask
the guy who actually will be shooting it what he likes to use best.  I was
all set to buy one kind of paint but my painter had never shot it before and
didn't want to risk a re-do when the paint and clear coat alone were over
$500.  Point three, MACCO, EARL et. al do not use the same quality of paint
as the $2000 guy.  If they paid $500 for materials, how could they stay in
business charging $199???  A cheap paint fades and looses its gloss.  A good
paint has better pigment stability, stays glossy longer, and resists surface
scratches.  There is no place to skimp on body and paint work.  One missed
step anywhere in the process will result in disappointing results.
David Riker
74 Midget
63 Falcon
70 Torino