RE: home painting your LBC

To: "'Keith Turk'" <kturk@ala.net>, Spridget Mail List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: home painting your LBC
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:22:37 -0700
Hi Keith ,
Welcome back. I have always painted my own cars in the garage with very good
results. I have always used acrylic lacquer and enamel paints. This time I
am using Dupont urethane Base Coat / Clear Coat. I have already sprayed the
car in self etching primer. and I am about to start with the block sanding
and high build primer phase. I have never sprayed BC/CC and I have heard bad
things about the toxicity of these types of paints. My car will be painted
British Racing Green GN.29 .  Should I hang sheets of plastic in my garage
to create an improvised paint booth and spray it myself ? or Should I leave
the spraying of the final color to a professional ? I have a lot of time and
money into this project and don't want to wreck it at the final stage.
Thanks for any advice,
 Mark Hanna
 AN5