Re: My car is dead again--generator problems

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My car is dead again--generator problems
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:52:30 -0500
While you're checking out whether the starter's jammed on the flywheel
and the voltage regulator box (good ideas), check the starter solenoid.
(Whether electrically operated or pull-cable, sometimes the contacts go
bad).  Just jump past the solenoid for an instant with a pair of pliers
or a VERY heavy cable (Key off, jump across the two biggest terminals).
If the starter turns, it's the solenoid.

Chris K.