RE: My car is dead again--generator problems

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: My car is dead again--generator problems
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 23:01:47 FILETIME=[D61C32A0:01C06621]
Hey everbody, thanks for the advice.  One more question (well, okay, a
few)... The Haynes, says to test the voltage regulator, hook up the
multimeter with negative here and positive there.  Because my car is
negative ground, and not positive as the car would have originally been, do
I switch these connections, or does it matter?  It also says the cut-out
adjustment must be made within 30 seconds or the heat build-up makes the
readings innaccurate.  How long do you have to shut down to achieve a "cool"
car again?  I have a feeling that I won't be able to get it the first time,
especially workng by myself.  If the battery checks out at Auto Zone and the
regulator is set correctly, do I then sacrifice a chicken (I mean cat) and
then pray that Lucas will look favorably on me?
Ryan