Re: Silicone Brake fluid users

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Silicone Brake fluid users
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 16:31:29 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Listers, FWIW,

    When I rebuilt the braking system in my '63 Fury with all new components
(the Titanic has less rust than it did) I took a chance and used silicone.
Never a leak or problem since.  Note the Fury has a Mechanical switch,
however.  From all that I've heard here and on the mopar list, I wouldn't
dare use silicone unless the switch was a mechanical one.

Steve
Frank Clarici wrote:

> Recently I posted that Ron Francis wire works sells a silicone fluid
> compatible pressure operated brake light switch.
> Well It lasts 2 months like any of the others. But it costs 5 times as
> much.
> I have solved the silicone brake light switch problem.
> Use a mechanical switch. There is NO alternative. Don't believe what you
> read.
> I just wish these suppliers would say that their parts suck, and if
> installed properly and well maintained should last you almost 60 days.
> Unless it comes from China then "we guaranty you will have to replace it
> in 30 days" But they don't say that. They just push crap down our
> throats and tell us how lucky we are that they are there.
> --
>
> Chinkle bells,chinkle bells

Steve McGee, Atty. at Large
Samesq@pacbell.net
Home Page: http://home.pacbell.net/samesq
Photo Album: http://members2.clubphoto.com/steve191750/

"Profanity is the crutch of the ignorant"