Re: Ignition Timing

To: "Guy Weller" <guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Ignition Timing
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:16:54 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Guy,  Speed timing is covered in Vizards book and really is the way to go.
If you have a timing light with the advance knob, it's real easy.  Set the
light to where you want full advance and adjust the distributor at 4k rpm.
You can also mark the pulley using your 360 deg protractor.  I use 36-38 deg
on my car.  If you don't have a protractor or adjustable light, just have
someone else do it.  When you get home use a static timing light to see
where the timing is now set and you can then R&R the distributor using this
static setting.
        Crash